Vivre au Québec Index du Forum
Vivre au Québec Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

What led me to question my religion?

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Vivre au Québec Index du Forum -> L'humour au Québec -> Nos humoristes (Notre presque religion)
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
JoeClark

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 17 Nov - 06:57 (2017)    Sujet du message: What led me to question my religion? Répondre en citant

Hi,

When I was 8 they put me in Sunday School. 
My Sunday School teachers urged us kids to read the Bible, so I started with Genesis. I had questions and the next Sunday I asked them. 
Were humans created before or after animals?
Were man and woman created at the same time or was Adam created first, then Eve? 
Were the stars made at the same time as the Earth – Genesis 1:1 – or on the fourth day – Genesis 1:16-19?
Were plants created on the third day, before humans – Genesis 1:11-13 – or were they created after humans – Genesis 2:4-7?
Did the Flood last 40 days – Genesis 7:17 - or 150 days – Genesis 8:3?
The answers to those and other questions depend on which parts of Genesis you accept and which parts you choose to ignore. The accounts are contradictory. Both can’t be true. 
The Bible is supposed to be the Word of God, yet it wouldn’t pass a grade-school essay test.
I was informed that my questions were inappropriate. 
When I persisted, my parents were told that I was “being disruptive” and wasn’t welcome any more.
I realized that, if teachers couldn’t answer questions in their supposed area of expertise posed by a 2nd grader, there was something seriously wrong.
It all went downhill from there. I kept reading the Bible and kept finding obvious nonsense. 
It took a few years to shed my early conditioning, but I really didn’t have any other viable choices.

Please help.
Thanks!

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References: http://www.religionforums.org/Thread-What-led-me-to-question-my-religion

product launching
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 17 Nov - 06:57 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Vivre au Québec Index du Forum -> L'humour au Québec -> Nos humoristes (Notre presque religion) Toutes les heures sont au format GMT - 5 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template zenGarden created by larme d'ange